I have a new love.. a tool love.. and it’s name is SKITCH.
OK.. it’s not all that new.. but my use of it is.
It’s a free app from the Mac store
This tool has helped me really crank out lots of tutorials quickly and painlessly. This is priceless when teaching outsourced resources how to complete a task or even just blogging a tutorial
You can also open iPhotos in SKITCH and make annotations on them and save/share, so there is lots of fun, casual uses as well.
Here is how I use Skitch:
1. Find what I want to capture an image of.
2. Launch Skitch from my menu bar
3. Add text, arrows, boxes.. whatever your heart desires so you can explain yourself
4. Save the image: Here is where you have two options:
A. If I’m going to upload the image to WordPress: I change the name and file type to a .jpg then use the “drag” feature to drop it in a file folder.
B. If I’m adding it to a text document (like Microsoft Word or OpenOffice) I just “drag” right into the document where I want the image.
If you go the “B” route to add it to the document/email/Skype thread you want to share it with then you are done, no more steps needed.
If you go the “A” route and want to upload it to a blog, then continue with the next step:
5. Open the WordPress blog post you want to add the image to.
6. Select the “Media Upload” icon and that will pop open the “drag here” window
7. Find the file in your finder and “drag” the image into the box.
8. Once it’s done “processessing” your file, select “insert into post”
Super simple and easy peasy. I haven’t found a quicker way to move images from SKITCH into WordPress, if you have one please share below. There you have it, how I use Skitch.